Thursday, March 29, 2012

Automation

Is there a way to automation SQL on an SQL Server to performimpports and exports at a certain of the night. The server isalways running.

Thank

Dee

Hi,

In Sql Server2005 we have new featue called Maintenence Plans, it is offering different kinds of operations. If you see your object explorer you can see Management Folder and Under Management you can see Maintenence Plans.

1) Expaand your Object Explorer.

2) Select Management folder and Expand it.

3) You can see Maintenance Plans.

4) Right Click on Maintenance Plan and Select Maintenance Plan Wizard.

5) Follow the Wizard instructions and It will take you to setup Backup plan scheduleing.

let me know if you have any difficulty to schedule Backups.

Note: It Maintenance Plan is not available in Sql 2005 Express Edition.

|||

I have a dumb question, how do I get to the Object Explorer?

Ido have both Sql 2005 Express Edition and Sql 2005 I think standardinstall, because I and running it currently at home on Window XP. I want to test this at home, but at work we have the server version.

Thanks

Dee

|||

Click on F8 (or)

Goto View --> Object Explorer

Are you using Sql Server 2005 ?

|||

Yes, I am using SQL Server 2005.

Dee

|||

When I got to the Management folder and expanded it I did notsee Maintenance plans. Is because I have both SQL 2005 ServerExpress and SQL 2005 Server?

Dee

|||

Hi,

From your description, you want to achieve schedule exporting and importing in your SQLServer, right?

Are you using SQLServer2000 or SQLServer2005? If SQLServer2005, you should use SSIS to create a package for your exporting or importing. And then, in SQLServer Agent, start a Job, and create a job step which execute s the package you just created from SSIS.

Thanks.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment