Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Automating Data Extension Deployment

Hi,

I have written a Data Processing extension for my application and can deploy it on my development machine no problems. My question is: what is the "correct" way of deploying an extension to an end user's machine? Do I have to write a special program to find and modify the Reporting Server config files and copy the extension over. Surely many developers have the same need so there must be a generic solution to this problem, however, I haven't managed to find one.

I first came across this issue in SQL2000 and I thought/hoped it would be rectified with SQL2005 but it appears not to be (unless I'm missing something).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I don't have an answer for you, but I share your situation. I'll let you know if I find anything, and would appreciate the same.

TIA, Mike.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment