Thursday, March 29, 2012

automating restore

Hello,
I'm trying to automate a prod to test restore to run weekly on a SQL 2000
sp3a server. Its on the same machine so I can't use the copy db wizard.
Should i use DTS, replication or what. I don't want to deal with orphaned
users and the like. It should be as seamless as possible.
TIA,
jjjj
Have you looked at BACKUP\RESTORE commands?
"jj" <jeff_detoro@.urmc.rochester.edu> wrote in message
news:OmwojWWNFHA.1040@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I'm trying to automate a prod to test restore to run weekly on a SQL 2000
> sp3a server. Its on the same machine so I can't use the copy db wizard.
> Should i use DTS, replication or what. I don't want to deal with orphaned
> users and the like. It should be as seamless as possible.
> TIA,
> jj
>

No comments:

Post a Comment