Thursday, March 29, 2012

Automating File Deployment of SSIS Packages

Hi:

I am trying to utilize DTUtil command to automate deployment of SSIS Package from the Build Server to Dev Server. I am getting an invalid option error, when I try to run the following command:

dtutil /FILE C:\Program Files\ABC\ABC ABC CAD\ETL Packages\Load_Staging_FromWCF.dtsx /MOVE FILE;\\serverA\C$\Program Files\ABC\ABC ABC CAD\ETL Packages\Load_Staging_FromWCF.dtsx /QUIET

Currently I have a .CMD file, in which I have the above command, and I am trying to run the CMD file and it returns an error. Can someone help me the DTUtil switches. My goal is to move a DTSX file from Server A(Build Server) to Server B(Dev Server). Also is there a switch to specify the server name, if UNC path is not supported. Also I am using File System Deployment, and running the file as an Administrator. I have admin privs on both Build and Dev Server. Thanks and I appreciate some help on this.

Why not just copy the package files over there using regular COPY commands?|||

That is true, because I am not actually utilizing SQL Server Deployment switches, although DTUtil does allow moving package files, just not sure what switches to apply. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment