Thursday, March 29, 2012

Automating Reporting Services in my Windows App.

Is there a way of automating SQL Server Reporting Services reports in my win
app?
I want to be able to pick up events when the user right-clicks on the report
etc.
I really want to provide a context menu with options relevant to what
they've selected in the report.
As I understood it, the generated report is basically html and theres no
easy way of doing it...
I basically want the report to be more dynamic than just being generated and
then printed.
If not is in coming in a future version of SQL Server?Are you using the ReportViewer control?
http://gotreportviewer.com/
If on the server you may be able to add via .css?
http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2006/09/01/SQL-Reporting-Services-_2D00_-CSS-fix-for-Firefox.aspx
Steve MunLeeuw
"James" <James@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E1244EC6-5372-4AB2-8BC1-9D41827F2D8E@.microsoft.com...
> Is there a way of automating SQL Server Reporting Services reports in my
> win
> app?
> I want to be able to pick up events when the user right-clicks on the
> report
> etc.
> I really want to provide a context menu with options relevant to what
> they've selected in the report.
> As I understood it, the generated report is basically html and theres no
> easy way of doing it...
> I basically want the report to be more dynamic than just being generated
> and
> then printed.
> If not is in coming in a future version of SQL Server?|||yes, I'm currently looking into doing it via hyperlinks as in the following
article:
http://www.devx.com/dotnet/Article/30424/0/page/6
"Steve MunLeeuw" wrote:
> Are you using the ReportViewer control?
> http://gotreportviewer.com/
> If on the server you may be able to add via .css?
> http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2006/09/01/SQL-Reporting-Services-_2D00_-CSS-fix-for-Firefox.aspx
> Steve MunLeeuw
> "James" <James@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E1244EC6-5372-4AB2-8BC1-9D41827F2D8E@.microsoft.com...
> > Is there a way of automating SQL Server Reporting Services reports in my
> > win
> > app?
> > I want to be able to pick up events when the user right-clicks on the
> > report
> > etc.
> > I really want to provide a context menu with options relevant to what
> > they've selected in the report.
> > As I understood it, the generated report is basically html and theres no
> > easy way of doing it...
> > I basically want the report to be more dynamic than just being generated
> > and
> > then printed.
> >
> > If not is in coming in a future version of SQL Server?
>
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment